FLAMING FOLIAGE RELAY TRAVEL INFORMATION
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the closest to the start and finish. DIA is 56 miles (1 hour 5 minutes) to the start Idaho Springs, and 147 miles (3 hours) from the finish in Buena Vista.
The Flaming Foliage Relay has formed a partnership with Enterprise Rent-a-Car for special discounted rates for WWR participants. August is a busy season for rental car companies, so reserve early!
Reservations for 15-passenger vans need to be made directly through Enterprise. Other vehicles (mini-vans, SUVs) can also be rented from Enterprise. You will receive a 5% discount off the current rate.
Click here for more information.
ADVANTAGES OF RENTING THROUGH ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR:
- A confirmed rate
- Offices at Denver International and all along the Front Range (Ft. Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs)
- Your rental is on a corporate account – corporate account rentals are given priority over the average rental, which means your vehicle is essentially guaranteed (allowing for the extreme exception: mechanical breakdown, etc.)
- We have an agreement with Enterprise so that there will NOT be a charge for extra drivers (as many rental car companies will). If the Enterprise branch does try to charge you, please ask them to read the conditions for the Timberline Events account.
- Enterprise still rents 15-passenger vans – many rental companies have phased them out
- Enterprise has a limited number of 15-passenger vans so it is strongly suggested that you reserved one early.
Click here for more information about lodging at the start and finish.
Plan to arrive at Citizens' Park in Idaho Springs one hour before your assigned start (40 minutes for the first wave). This is necessary for the team to go through the check-in process, equipment safety check, and to pick up the team's shirts and goodie bags.
Consider extending your stay in Buena Vista and take advantage of the many natural attractions and events taking place.