ROADS LESS TRAVELED RELAYS' CAPTAIN'S CHECKLIST
- Designate a co-captain to assist.
- Register your team and then have your team and volunteers (if applicable) enter their information in the online database.
- Prepare a phone or email list to facilitate communication.
- Arrange for vehicles (see Van Rentals under Race Information/Travel menu for discounts with Enterprise).
- Recruit drivers (optional). Team support personnel do not satisfy the volunteer requirement.
- Print out and read the Relay Handbook and Leg Map Book.
- Pack supplies (see Equipment Lists).
- Arrange for lodging (optional).
- Using the Course Leg Chart, assign Legs and list runners in order on the Roster to be submitted at the Start.
- To qualify for these categories, Master and Flatlander (Wild West & Flaming Foliage Relays only) teams must submit a copy of each runner's driver license at the start.
- List runners in order on Team Time Record. Enter times during the race. Estimate Van Exchange times using runner paces.
- Remind volunteers to sign in and fulfill their 4 - 6 hour shifts or the team will be disqualified.
- Arrive at the Start about one hour before your assigned start time to go through the check-in process, do the final team/van organizing, and to start mingling with the other teams.
Slider1 - FFR Benefits
Slider2 - RLT Sponsors FFR
Slider9 - FFR VWAP
Slider5 - FFR Sponsors
Slider6 - FFR Colorado Trail